- Background: In computer word processing I, we looked at the different word processing software and how they can be used to prepare documents. In different professions, institutions or organisations, some documents need to have specific features (look and fill) with relevant images, illustrations and tabulated data.
In word processing II, you will learn how to prepare and mail documents with different specifications in mind.
- Learning Outcome: The learner should be able to:
i) prepare documents with tabulated data and objects with varied document layout
ii) prepare documents using mail merge features of word processing software.
- Guidance to the Teacher: You are advised to give the learners an activity or set of activities to develop skills in word processing.
Use of track changes accepting and rejecting changes is expected.
You are advised to introduce each skill at a time to allow time for effective acquisition.
Use of short cuts to navigate through a big document is encouraged
Image positioning should be practised with different text wrappings.
- Suggested Competences for Assessment:
Assess the learners’ ability to adjust page layout, check document
accuracy, insert and use objects in word processed documents, use mail
merge features of the word processing software.
- Recommended Coverage Duration: 20 periods (3 1/3 weeks)Senior Five Term III
- How to Download this class notes presentation: Click on Add to Cart, then a green section with a button for view cart will appear. Click on VIEW CART. On the cart, scroll down and click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button. On the checkout page, you will fill in your billing/contact information, then choose a payment gateway to use. Mobile Money is chosen by default. To use mobile money, simply type in your mobile money account number without the leading zero (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money and Msente are supported) and click PLACE ORDER. A prompt will be sent to your phone from PEGASUS (Mobile Money Agent). Once you enter your password, it will take a few minutes for your payment to be detected before you are redirected to the download page. In case of any assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call / text / whatsapp me on 0706060740.