- Background: Interacting with computers and other ICTs for the first time is one of the most challenging tasks. However, system developers invented storage media, system administrative tools, services and programmes, menus, graphics, commands and most interestingly voice recognition interfaces to facilitate the interaction and dialog between the system and the user. It is important that the learner is introduced to the general operating system environment, common files and folders plus their management, and basic utilities.
- Learning Outcome: The learner should be able to demonstrate that he can efficiently manage files.
- Guidance to the Teacher: Demonstrate to the learners and allow them time to individually practise how to boot a computer and safely shut it down, customise a desktop, adjust settings to user preferences as well as create and delete directories using the GUI. Use of Ms DOS is not expected in this topic.
- Recommended Coverage Duration: 16 periods (22/3 weeks) Senior Five Term I.
- Suggested Competences for Assessment: Assess the learners’ ability to customise the user desktop, create, delete a directory; locate a file or folder in a given directory.
- How to Download this class notes presentation: Click on Add to Cart, then a green section with a button for view cart will appear. Click on VIEW CART. On the cart, scroll down and click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button. On the checkout page, you will fill in your billing/contact information, then choose a payment gateway to use. Mobile Money is chosen by default. To use mobile money, simply type in your mobile money account number without the leading zero (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money and Msente are supported) and click PLACE ORDER. A prompt will be sent to your phone from PEGASUS (Mobile Money Agent). Once you enter your password, it will take a few minutes for your payment to be detected before you are redirected to the download page. In case of any assistance, send an email to email@example.com or call / text / whatsapp me on 0706060740.